Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The first day of fall in Fresno and it's 100 degrees

Fall officially began at 2:19 p.m. today and the sun beat down like we were in the middle of August. The temperature topped out at 100 degrees and it is supposed to be 101 on Wednesday. I thought we were done with summer.

I love the fall weather so I'm rooting for it to get here soon. The fall and early spring are perfect times of the year in Fresno. Just warm enough to do all sorts of things outside, but we've put the heat of summer and cold of winter to bed for their respective seasons.

It's hot and dry all over California, and that means we're still in the fire season. But at least it's good for the San Joaquin Valley crops that are about to be harvested. Raisin farmers are especially happy because their grapes are on the ground and crinkling into raisins under the heat.

But I'm ready for the fall weather.

2 comments:

  1. Fresno can be funny that way. . . Sometimes fall opens with a big cold wind and other times it is summer weather. This year, we've got heat, baby, and you gotta love how hot it gets even as the days become shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 degree heat is hard on the PG&E bill when it sticks around for over three months. I can't wait for cooler weather so I can keep my windows open during the day and enjoy the fresh air. Hurry up fall weather!

    ReplyDelete